Thursday, July 23, 2009

The difference is in the details...

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to tour Portmouth Harbor on a Coast Guard boat and visit the (supposedly-haunted) lighthouse at nearby Fort Constitution State Park.

Although I took obligatory snapshots of my fellow passengers taking turns driving the boat and the temptation is great to take panoramic pictures of the surrounding area (I succumbed: see edited shoot at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=90218&id=542304560&l=3e3bda073d), I'm happiest with the pix that will never make it onto a postcard, the snaps that show what happened to catch my attention that particular day:




Above: Note the wear and tear on the railing outside the top of the lighthouse




Above: Unusual angle of the lighthouse light





Above: Cannon goes here (or the Batmobile)





Above: Textures of the walkway and the water





Above: Layered Coast Guard apparel



In summary: if you can buy it on a postcard, don't feel compelled to reshoot it. Spend the bulk of your time creating your own vision....

No comments: