Monday, February 5, 2007

NPL Featured Artist - Amethyst Wyldfyre

I first met Amethyst a few years ago at her Nashua gallery, also named Amethyst Wyldfyre. The shop was filled to the brim with books, CDs, jewelry, and original artwork. It once would have been called "New Age", but today, it supplied all the necessities for awakening and leading an enlightened life.



Since then, her store has carried my wall prints and note cards. And over that time, Amethyst has provided advice and insight into my intertwined artistic and personal lives. Each time I entered her store, I was met with a wide smile, a generous hug, and a genuine inquiry as to how things were going for me. One of Amethyst's many gifts is her ability to turn a retail establishment into a welcoming santuary.

Unfortunately for the community, her "bricks and mortar" store is closing, but Amethyst will continue to provide her artwork through a new Web site.

In addition to the work at this show, Amethyst is also the featured artist at Gallery One (Nashua Art Association's art gallery) in Nashua through the end of February. There will be an artist's reception for Amethyst at the gallery this coming Saturday afternoon,(Feb. 10), and I encourage you to visit and see her newest paintings.

No comments: