Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Shopping for Ideas

Yesterday, I visited the IKEA store in Stoughton, Masschusetts. (Last year, I'd visited the one in Elizabeth, New Jersey and was curious to see how regionally divergent the inventory was.)

I'm still befuddled by the faux knotty wood kitchen cabinets offered in the Massachusetts store (which seemed incongrous with the chain's trademark sleek pseudo-Scandinavian design.)

But for budget style, the place can't be beat (except maybe by the equally ubiquitous Target.) The color selections were interesting (e.g., matching a deep teal with chocolate brown; and orange with avacado), although the manufacturing quality was all over the place.

But don't be surprised if you see some of the photos I shoot over the next few months adopting the palettes I saw there.

No comments: