Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Hanging the NPL Show

Tonight, I hung work for my Nashua Public Library show, which will be running though the end of February. The show features 29 pieces of my photos and photo-based artwork. The waiting list to have a show there is very long: I signed up in early 2004!

Special guest artists joining me are Colette Guimond, George Eross, Ellis Merrill, Keith Spiro, and Amethyst Wyldfyre, all from New Hampshire.

There's no way I could have got this show hung in the alloted time without the help of my dear friend George Eross. His ongoing good nature as I stressed and griped about assorted "nothings" kept me sane throughout the evening. George also happens to be a very talented artist who has two pieces in the show: a metal sculpture and a copper wire and wood multimedia wallpiece. Both artworks are exceptional and I highly encourage you to attend the show and see them in person.

Towards the end, we were joined by my photo buddy Keith Spiro, who stayed around and helped us complete the installation just as the library closed for the evening. Keith is a well-known area photographer who showcases his work at(and is on the board of directors, I believe, for) Nashua's Chimera Gallery. I'm pleased to have his work in the show as well.

Each week, starting next Monday, I'll focus on one of the guest artists in the show and tell you how their work inspires me and has influenced my own work. I'll also share images from the show in future posts.

No comments: