Monday, January 15, 2007

NPL Featured Artist - Keith Spiro

I first met Keith at Chimera Gallery (Nashua, NH) a few years ago during part of its provocatively-titled show "The Art of Sex". As a brand-new photographer, I'd submitted extremely tame pictures that I thought were over the top at the time: black leather masks, red lace thongs with a cherry on top, etc.

Keith encouraged me to join a group called the NH Society of Photographic Artists. Several meetings later, I'm now their webmaster. (Or "web dominitrix" if you'd prefer to continue the analogy of the Chimera show.)

Like me, Keith has a sales and marketing background, so he's a wonderful resource for any questions I may have on promoting and pricing my work. He's also been the driving force behind a series of critique sessions, where he and I and other artists provide feedback on each other's works.


Here's how one of his photos looks on the library wall:

No comments: