Monday, January 8, 2007

NPL Featured Artist - F Ellis Merrill

I first met Ellis at the Wednesday Breakfast Group, a gathering of artists who meet once a week at the Nashua Borders bookstore. After the meetings, we'd sometimes go for "cheap eats" at the nearby Papa Gino's. There, we'd talk a lot about the business of art. As a newbie, I had much to learn from Ellis, who has spent made his career in photography.

Since I went back to work fill-time, I haven't had the chance to spend time with the Breakfast Group. Luckily, Ellis also attends meetings of the Nashua Area Artists' Association, so I get to see him there.

Below is a snapshot of the wall where his photo is hung at the library show. It's the image on the far left. Trust me: it's worth the trip to go see it in person.


No comments: